Sunday, November 22, 2009

climbing to greater heights ...


:: Stairway by Tamara Thomsen, via 20x200 ::


... one can definitely hope + strive for, yes?


this painting reminds me a lot of the time i was perched on the stairs at my college, sketching + painting my study on the staircase. put aside the occasional 'visits' by other students + tutors walking up and down the stairs, i was mostly on my own, trying my best to create some decent piece of work in my little corner. many years on, that stands out as one of my fondest art moments in college. fondest, and possibly one of the trickiest too. certain projects/studies/paintings/sketches no doubt left a bigger and more inspiring imprint in me than others.


today, i find myself creating my pieces of work at any little chance i have to take my eyes and attention away from the kids, even if just for an hour, or less. that leaves me working almost literally everywhere in the house. even my bed's seen my brushes + acrylics. secret's out then. if any of you ever imagined me sitting pretty + calm painting in a designated work space at home, i thank you much. in truth, i stand more than i sit when painting, and i don't always work in the work corner i've created myself.

it would be good to be more disciplined though. well, there's always 2010 to cue the resolutions list. should put that on the list then ... work only in designated work space.


anyway ... i digressed. this was supposed to be about stairways. below, some other images which have caught my attention ...

:: via Freshome ::


:: via Home Designing ::


:: via Design Age ::

:: via Traveller Boats ::



:: via Abodesign Co. ::


:: our very own stairs at Big Lime (image previously used in an earlier post here on the blog) ::

2 comments:

Mom-On-The-Loose said...

ooooo, i like the bookcase under the staircase BUT is it 'right' to place books under a place we walk on all the time? Takut cam tak sesuai je. It looks really nice though!!!

Muna said...

u know..our stairs in this house..still so bare kan..yet to be stair-ized or wall-nized..now here u give me an idea..hmm...thank u mrixiepixie!